BOD – how to do the test, QC, & troubleshooting
This “BOD – how to do the test, QC, & troubleshooting” workshop will explain how to perform the test, help you understand the principles behind the test, and how to identify problems and correct them.
In this workshop we will:
- Point out how to prepare samples for the BOD test
- Clarify how to properly prepare reagents and dilution water
- Explain step-by step how to set up the BOD test and take the final Dissolved Oxygen (DO) readings
- Describe which areas / steps require special attention and most often lead to problems with the test and therefore invalid results
- Discuss quality control and documentation requirements for the BOD test
- Explore how to troubleshoot the process
- Explain how to identify problems and correct the issue
- Discuss the different types of DO probes used to perform the BOD test, including
- pros & cons
In our “BOD – how to do the test, QC, & troubleshooting” workshop you will not only learn the details of how to successfully perform the test, but receive valuable “tips and tricks” our instructors have learned throughout their years of conducting this analysis.