Total & Fecal Coliform – ‘how to’ and which method works best for you
This “Total & Fecal Coliform – ‘how to’ and which method works best for you” workshop will explore a variety of approved analytical methods to test water and wastewater for Total Coliform (TC) and Fecal Coliform (FC) and help you better understand how to determine which method is best suited for your operation.
In this workshop we will:
- Introduce approved analytical methods for Total Coliform / Fecal Coliform commonly used for water and wastewater samples:
- Multiple Tube Fermentation (MPN)
- Colilert – Quanti Tray
- Colilert – Presence / Absence
- Membrane Filtration
- Point out how to properly collect samples for TC and FC analyses
- Discuss quality control and documentation requirements for each test
- Explore the steps involved for each of the above mentioned analytical procedures, including:
- Glassware, equipment, reagents, media
- Analytical procedure
- Calculations, documentation, and reporting
- Evaluate the pros and cons of each method to help you identify which method is best suited for your operation and sample type
Our “Total & Fecal Coliform – ‘how to’ and which method works best for you” workshop you will not only provide you with detailed information on how to perform Total Coliform or Fecal Coliform analyses, but shares “tips and tricks” our instructors have learned throughout their years of conducting these analyses.