Principles of the Activated Sludge Process; LIVE ONLINE
This two part online training consists of two 3.5 hour LIVE ONLINE sessions (total of 7 hours) during which we will explain the principles of the activated sludge process.
The activated sludge process utilizes aeration and biological floc composed of microorganisms to treat sanitary and industrial wastewater. This process is applied in a wide variety of systems including conventional activated sludge treatment plants, oxidation ditches, sequencing batch reactors, and package plants.
This “Principles of the Activated Sludge Process” workshop is designed to provide you with the fundamental understanding of the processes, components, and microbiology applied in the activated sludge process. We will :
- explain the terminology, treatment conditions, and challenges commonly found in the wastewater industry
- discuss the components and equipment commonly used in activated sludge systems and explain their functions
- describe the microbiological and chemical processes taking place in the activated sludge treatment process
- explore process control parameters commonly monitored in activated sludge operations
- examine strategies for operating varies treatment designs and modes applying variations of the conventional activated sludge process
- share tips for troubleshooting your treatment system
This workshop is designed to be an interactive class so please bring questions, problems, and scenarios you encountered at your facility to discuss throughout the day.
This “Principles of the Activated Sludge Process” workshop will provide you with an essential understanding of the principles and processes applied in activated sludge treatment systems. This class is also accepted as training towards obtaining or maintaining your wastewater operator certification.