Water Chemistry & Advanced Water Treatment
With a heightened focus on water quality and water conservation, water treatment operations are increasingly applying sophisticated treatment technologies to meet these expectations. The focus on new, advanced treatment technologies associated with cost reductions experienced during the past 10 years, has become an increasingly common occurrence in municipal and industrial water treatment.
Our three day “Water Chemistry and Advanced Treatment” workshop explains the types of treatment technologies available, the principles of selection and application, and the approaches to operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of each process.
In this workshop you will also learn about how water chemistry affects the outcome and selection of treatment as well as what water chemistry is occurring during treatment.
Furthermore, we will explore how to successfully operate advanced treatment systems, achieve treatment goals, and address various operational conditions.
You will learn about:
- Terminology commonly applied in Drinking Water treatment
- Water properties
- Water analysis
- Chemical processes and how to select the process best suited for your operation
- Coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation
- Chemical precipitation
- Lime / soda softening
- Ion Exchange
- Physical processes and how to select the process best suited for your operation
- Membrane filtration: MF, UF, NF, RO, EDR, EDI
- Thermal processes and how to select the process best suited for your operation
- Contaminant challenges
- Treatment optimization
- Identifying problems and effectively troubleshooting deficiencies
- National, state, and local regulatory framework
Throughout our three day “Water Chemistry and Advanced Water Treatment” workshop we will utilize real life scenarios to demonstrate how to apply this information in advanced process operations. To help you better understand and become comfortable with how to apply the material covered in this class we will work through a variety of exercises reflecting problems and situations you may encounter while working with a myriad of chemical, physical and thermal processes.
Our “Water Chemistry and Advanced Treatment” workshop will provide you with essential skills to operate your treatment facility, succeed in your career, and obtain or maintain your water operator certification.