Review & Prep for Wastewater Operator Level III & IV Certification Exam
During the last 5 years more than 70% of the individuals taking the Wastewater Operator Level III of IV Certification Exam did not pass the test. Professional Training Association interviewed operators, managers, regulators, and trainers to learn about what topics operators are struggling with. We have designed this course to address the areas test takers often achieve low scores and to help you be better prepared for your exam.
Studying wastewater treatment manuals, talking to other operators, learning test taking skills . . . are all great steps that will help you pass your exam. Exam Preparation classes, however, are a great tool to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
Our two day “Review & Prep for Wastewater Operator Level III & IV Certification Exam” workshop will explain what to expect from the exam, provide you with tips on “test taking”, and help you identify areas you may want to focus on during your additional exam prep activities. In this workshop we will also:
- review advanced operating, maintenance, and troubleshooting principles associated with:
- collection systems
- pump stations
- preliminary treatment
- primary treatment
- secondary treatment
- tertiary treatment
- solids handling
- sample collection
- wastewater laboratory tests, equipment, and skills
- discuss safety regulations as they apply to wastewater operations
- reinforce basic management principles
- explain how to disseminate word problems and determine how to obtain the correct answer
- practice complex math problems as you may see on the test
- share tips for how to prepare yourself for the exam
- explore test taking techniques
- provide many opportunities to practice and solve problems typical of those encountered on certification exams
This two-day “Review & Prep for Wastewater Operator Level III & IV Certification Exams” workshop will help you move your thought process from operation mode into the “test taking mode” and boost your confidence in your ability to pass the exam.
Since Wastewater Operator Certification Exams require knowledge across a very complex and wide area, general exam prep classes are fast paced and do not allow for in depth discussions and explanations; instead, they focus on review and practice questions. For those who are struggling with wastewater math we would highly recommend also taking our “Math Review & Prep for Operator Level III & IV Certification Exam” workshop.
Based on your background you may also want to consider taking additional classes that explain specific topics such as our “Taking the Mystery out of Pumps”, “Sample Collection & Sampling Plans”, “Biosolids Treatment” or Regulatory Compliance – State Waste & NPDES Discharge Permits workshops.